Wednesday 24 December 2014

'Twas the night before Christmas

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, just the clicking of a mouse;
The two-finger typist was skimming the keys
John was blogging again with well practised ease.
 
I've not blogged for months
I've not had much to say.
It's been a funny old year, 
- not all gone my way.
 
But now as the year is drawing to a close
I thought I'd try verse instead of usual prose.
Keith fae Dumfries he was my inspiration
(Only rhyme I can find seems to be perspiration..)
 
I've had fantastic adventures with wonderful folks
I've spent 29hours listening to George & Bill's jokes! 
From Big Sur to Chamonix and all stops between
with new friends and old friends and sights rarely seen.

I've run further (or farther) than ever before,
I've even got a prize and I'm coming back for more!
There have been disappointments, injuries and bugs
Outweighed tenfold by sweaty-runners hugs
 
Races are planned for the next 365 days,
It's going to be a biggy in all sorts of ways.
Another new age category, more miles to run
no doubt lots of tears, maybe even some fun

Our cases are packed as we're off in the morn,  
we'll be out the house early before the first dawn.
It's really exciting to fly Christmas Day,
We might see 12 reindeer pulling a sleigh!

To the friends who stuck with me through times dark and bright —
“Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”

No comments :

Post a Comment