Friday 7 January 2011

A new year!

Last year I celebrated my 50th birthday and decided to mark this momentous landmark by attempting to complete 5 marathons before my 51st. I managed to achieve this goal by completing

Barcelona - 08/03/10

Swiss Alpine Marathon Davos 31/07/10

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10

Toronto Marathon 17/10/10 (yes 1 week later!)

Florence Marathon 28/11/10


It was a great journey, hard work and occasionally emotional, and as I got to the end, I wished I'd written it all down.

This year we have decided to try something slightly more ambitious and I have decided to write it all down this time so that I don't miss any of it :-)


So far the year hasn't got off to a great start as I've been unwell and therefore unable to get out and run, but maybe just maybe I will manage a few miles this weekend so I decided to start this blog today.


My year of running starts with Barcelona Marathon on 06/03/11

No comments :

Post a Comment